Monday, January 26, 2009

Surfs Up Scomber!

Musician, entrepreneur, reluctant musical-theater buff, surfer - it's scomber!

Got a chance to get together with scomber the other day in downtown Sydney, it was great that he could find his way in from the suburbs - which around here means the best beach communities imaginable. He's the perfect example of someone who's succeeded by staying half a step in front of the rest of us. Lucky for us his latest passion (when he's not cutting up the waves) is ccM.

I have to say, I love hanging with musicians who "get it" - it was quite the love-fest, a lot of "Yea! Right??" We had a great talk (or more like, I talked, I interrupted, I talked some more...) and the good news is that we saved the world. One curl at a time.

The night before I went to the first "arena" concert I'd been to in over 20 years - Neil Young (who couldn't have been better, totally great) with opening act, our very own My Morning Jacket (who maybe couldn't have been better but it wasn't quite my cupotea.)

2 comments:

teru said...

Holy Mackerel

Scottaltham said...

Ah so you are a real man Scomber and not a plastic doll as you made me believe? ;-)