Tuesday, July 01, 2008

6,000 remixes

I like that I can ask the internet questions like "How many minutes are in one week?" and get back answers like:
"1 week = 10,080 minutes".

I sought this intelligence for a simple reason. I noticed on the stats that CCMixter now has over 6,000 remixes uploaded. Given that most songs are at least 3 minutes, and many songs far exceed 3 minutes, that's at least 18,000 minutes of remixes.

In short, we are in striking range of a solid fortnight's worth of remix listening. I like to imagine that my remixes occupy a place near 4:30 a.m., somehow, during the fortnight's continuous play.

I think it would be fun to listen to every remix on CCmixter someday. But at the rate we are expanding, that day might ought to be sooner rather than later!

3 comments:

MC Jack in the Box said...

if you feel really motivated, you should make one giant playlist. then you could stream it. :)

fourstones said...

they'll be plenty of time to try that... after I'm dead

jp said...

so now I have to stay up until 4:30 AM to hear Gurdo? what kind of deal is THAT? I want my money back..