Friday, April 14, 2006

Any nerdcore wannabe artists?

I've been emailing with Jason Christie who is putting together a nerdcore comp. He's very CC-friendly and would like one of the discs to be CC licensed. But most existing nerdcore would take all the lawyers in the world to clear as it samples freely from anything and everything.

If you ever wanted to produce some CC-friendly nerdcore, now is the time to do it and get included on the comp. I presently see nothing at ccmixter:nerdcore and that ought to change.

5 comments:

teru said...

Thanks for the info Mike.

I'm in denial.... but cool project. ;)

gurdonark said...

It is a great project. I have enough nerd, but do I have enough core? That's the question.

shagrugg said...

DJ Snyder (a ccmixter) looks to have a track on there. This is the first I've heard of the nerdcore genre monniker...although the tracks I listened to remind me a lot of the droplift project tracks, that heavily use samples to create original tracks.

PatChilla said...

How will I explain this to the "homies"?

shagrugg said...

I heard at the nerdcore concerts the moshpits get nuts...blood and body parts flying everywhere.