Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Forgot the name??

i can't help but notice the abundance of "remember the name" remixes, which is making it almost imposible to notice anything other than fort minor, and i hate to say it but anyone can slap that song togather in like 10 minutes, (me being guilty of that myself) but it dosent mean you have to.... i have heard a few good ones, but the so-so mixes out weigh the good ones, and as far as regular remixes go, for users not familiar with mixter the will only see those mixes. i went to the remix page and there was only 1 non-fort minor remix... maybee a suggestion, an opening date for remix compititions, cannot be entered untill... or such...

5 comments:

fourstones said...

the last I want to do is scare everybody here but ccmixter is changed forever, I'm just coming to grips with that myself lately.

There fort minor pells were downloaded over 2,300 TIMES -- think about it, if half of those people post one remix that's a big number.

Things will mellow out a little after today (a lot of mixes pent up) but there's no getting around it: it's a new day.

fourstones said...

oh, and I just want to say how all of this makes it all the more important for the editors to be on the watch for the great remixes and highlight them.

PatChilla said...

Just went to the mixter page and was like "WOW"!!!!! Its great to see the eagerness of people to participate, but at the same time it just looks odd that the New Remixes are Remember The Name....
Remember The Name....
Remember The Name....

We definitely have to keep an eye open for other remixes and we have to listen to them all or something is bound to fall through the remix cracks.

teru said...

I've scrapped a couple of Remember... mixes already. There's some really good ones and I'm sure lots of great ones still to come. I'm glad there's so much creativity. : )

I agree w/ CDK about the submisson window though. I think it would be more exciting if all entries were uploaded in a shorter span. Having a whole month of nothing but Remember.. remixes would surely be overkill for anyone.

Hehe.. I can just see Victor shaking his fist in the air. "1000 uploads in 72 hours? Are you trying to kill me?" :)

fourstones said...

guys, it's not going to be one FM remix every five minutes for the next month ;)

it'll be crazy for a day or two, completely REDICULOUS the last three days but I suspect in the middle will be calmer than that -- although, again, it will never be summer of 2005 on mixter again.

(start your nostaligia engines... ;)